Now I'm not usually one to microwavable meals, but this recipe was made for Harvard students who are looking for something a little healthier to satisfy a sweet tooth than the dining service's Chocolate Cupcakes and Apple Pie (both of which are not vegan).
However, I think this recipe is also great if you are busy and get a craving a comforting and delectable treat; a good alternative to simply grabbing a box of Oreo's (also vegan). Plus, this cookie is filled with brain boosting, energy enhancing goodies including banana, oats, and peanut butter.
· 1 cereal bowl, 1 fork, 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 coffee mug
· Mug full of rolled oats
· Splash of soy milk
· Teaspoon of brown sugar
· Tablespoon of peanut butter
· Handful of raisins (I used dark chocolate chips in mine, shh)
· Small banana, very ripe
· Teaspoon of maple syrup (optional but suggested)
1. Place unpeeled banana in cereal bowl and smash thoroughly with the fork until creamy
2. Place all other ingredients in bowl with banana; mix well (the mixture should not be liquidy, add more oats if necessary)
3. Microwave on high for about 1 minute or until mixture is firm and chewy. Enjoy!