An apple a day may help with our overly friendly doctor situation, but a handful of spinach for breakfast is the perfect pick-me-up.
I admit, I used to be one of those wake-up-late-in-a-rush-run-to-school-skip-breakfast kind of person; but I also used to be asleep in my 8am Biology class. So Instead, for the student on the go, skip the poptart that will leave your on the edge of a sugar crash mid-day, and get fresh, sustain, energy to-go: The Green Power Smoothie.
Of course, this is just one of many variations here, but the way that the subtle tropical flavors and strong peanut-butter after taste come together is one of my favorites. the Peanut-Butter gives the the protein and brain-power to power through your morning, the ginger and orange to keep your system healthy (even on a rough schedule), and spinach and spirulina to pack it with vital nutrients.
Perfect for anyone on the go, just throw the items together, blend, and pour it a cup together. Trade it out for coffee and you won't regret it.
Tropical Green Power Smoothie
* Handful of spinach leaves
* Full, peeled orange
* 1 peeled banana, cut in half
* 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
* 1 tablespoon minced ginger
* 2 tablespoon peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon spirulina
* 1 cup almond milk (or vegan milk of choice)
1. Wash off spinach and place it into blender or immersion blender cup.
2. Place the rest of the items in the blender or cup (with fresh fruit in the bottom and frozen fruit on top)
3. Blend until everything is chopped and mix thoroughly to desired consistency.